The SW Ontario Forum on Collaborative Leadership in Practice was held Wednesday November 16, 2016 in Brantford, Ontario.
37 people attended this regional gathering to create a community of social change focused on:
- Transforming partnerships using principles of equity
- Sharing power, resources and leadership
- Talking about equity and anti-oppression
- Exchanging stories
The forum was co-created and co-facilitated by the following local and provincial organizations (as well as community volunteers): Grand River Community Health Centre, Brant Community Health Unit, Brantford Native Housing, Laurier University, Immigrant Services Guelph-Wellington, Brant Family and Children’s Services, Health Nexus and Ontario Public Health Association. See the Forum Agenda here.
Forum Highlights and related online resources:
- Six members of the Lawrence Heights Inter-Organizational Network shared dynamic stories, mostly resident perspectives, covering the network’s eleven year history of agencies and residents working together. View their presentation slides here: A Road Less Travelled (English) & Sortir des sentiers battus (French).
- Lauren Burrows of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Diversity and Equity Office adapted her “Critical Allyship” workshop for the forum, with a focus on examples from community partnership contexts. On February 2, 2017, this same workshop was offered as a webinar called Becoming an Ally in Partnerships: From Intent, to Reflection & Action and the webinar slides are available in English and French.
- Lana Brasher of Brantford Native Housing and JoAnne Dubois of Grand River Community Health Centre shared Holistic tools and reflections on incorporating equity and relation building into practice (slides not available).
- At the end of the day, participants collaborated to develop draft Principles of Collaborative Leadership for Equity which were later edited by the Forum planning group members and published in English and French as a CLiP project tool.
Thank you to everyone who was involved in making the Forum a rich day of learning and networking. Feedback from participants confirmed it was a tremendous success!
Click here for our Site Map